Stormwater filter with a dimension of 400 mm. Suitable for contaminated runoff from car parks, yards or roofs. The cleaned water can be discharged directly into infiltration facilities or rainwater tanks.
The filter works by an up-flow process with low head loss. In the system the stormwater runoff is cleaned by sedimentation, adsorption, filtration, and chemical precipitation. Incoming rainwater is led down to the basal section of the filter system. A hydrodynamic separator promotes sedimentation. Particles settle in the silt trap located below the separation chamber. Above the separation chamber a filter cartridge is situated, occupying the full shaft width such that all water must flow up through the filter media. The clogging of the filters is reduced due to the upwards flow, and the fact that the filter is below the water level. The filter cartridges can be easily exchanged. The system is maintained and back flushed once a year.
How it works:
- The rainwater from the connected area is fed into the basal section of the filter housing. The angled inlet generates a radial flow pattern.
- The hydrodynamic separator converts turbulent waters into a radial laminar flow pattern, generating particle sedimentation, particularly of the sand fraction.
- This takes place over an inlet to the lower section of the filter shaft. The sediment is retained in a silt trap chamber below the separator. The silt trap can be withdrawn for cleaning, and has an integral cleaning port to the side to ease dirt removal, (see 6).
- In the central section of the filter housing is the actual filter, Filter Roof. The filter element filters out the fine materials in an up-flow process and dissolved materials are precipitated and adsorbed. The filter is backwashed from above. When exhausted the filter is easily exchanged.
- The filter element is easily pulled up and removed from the shaft housing.
- Rainwater inlet
- Sediment basket
- Maintenance opening for cleaning
- Removal Handle, chamber removal
- Rubber seal (Ø 30 mm)
- Filter element with substrate and cover made of stainless steel
- Lifting eye for filter removal
- Latch for buoyancy protection (2 off)
- Emergency overflow
- Cleaned water outlet to tank or to infiltration system
- Telescopic extension