Decentralized stormwater treatment is state of the art because it reduces the costs for urban drainage by using source control. The Hydrosystem 1000 filtration unit has numerous advantages in comparison with other systems. The system combines a hydrodynamic separator with a filter unit, it is easy to inspect and maintain. There is only low head loss. Filter media is kept in cartridges, there is no loose material in the system. Filter media has to be replaced in intervals between 3 and 5 years depending on the sites conditions. There is virtually no footprint because the system can be installed below car parks or roads.
The filter media removes pollutants like PAH ́s, hydrocarbons and heavy metals. Furthermore, it binds phosphorous and ammonium from stormwater runoff. The two step treatment train separates solids and dissolved substances.
The system is ideal for car parks, roads, industrial areas and even metal roofs. Therefore, four different filter cartridges for low traffic densities, high traffic densities, normal roofs and metal roofs are avail- able. Highest pollutant levels in stormwater runoff can be reduced to acceptable loads for groundwater and surface waters. The modular design allows the adaption to nearly any site condition.
Enhanced Stormwater Treatment:
• Treatment of polluted runoff from roads, car parks, metal roofs and industrial sites
• Underground solution, no additional space required
• Low head loss
• Easy inspection and maintenance
• Filter media in cartridges
• Cartridge exchange interval 3 to 5 years
• Connectable surface area 500 to 1000 m2
• General technical approval by DIBt, Bavarian state approval for metal roofs
Special stormwater filter for installation within standard 1000 mm shafts. Suitable for contaminated runoff from trafficked areas, industrial sites and roofs. The cleaned water can be discharged directly into infiltration facilities or surface waters. The filter works by an up-flow process with low head loss. In the system the stormwater runoff is cleaned by sedimentation, adsorption, filtration, and chemical precipitation. Incoming stormwater is led down to the basal section of the filter shaft. A hydrodynamic separator promotes sedimentation. Particles settle in the silt trap located below the separation chamber. Above the separation chamber 4 filter cartridges are situated, occupying the full shaft width such that all water must flow up through the filters. The clogging of the filters is reduced due to the upwards flow, and the fact that the filter is below the water level. The filter cartridges can be easily exchanged. The system is maintained and back flushed normally once a year much like your average septic system cleaning. The modular design is based on a standard 1000 mm concrete or plastic shaft.
The modular interior of the Hydrosystem 1000:
• Four different filter cartridges for site specific conditions
• Filter element traffic for ADT 15000 veh/day and industrial sites • Filter element roof for standard roofs without metals
• Filter element metal for metal roofs of copper, zinc or lead
Tests and Certificates:
• DIBt approved for groundwater infiltration
• Approved after the regulations of North-Rhine Westphalia for surface waters
• Approved after Bavarian state regulations for metal roofs
• Independent field test data available
• Tested according to NJDEP TSS testing procedure
Inner diameter of concrete or plastic shaft: 1.0 m
Minimum head loss between inlet and outlet: 25 cm
Connectable area: 500 m2 to 1000 m2 according to site conditions
Maximum flowrate: 35 l/s, filterable flowrate: 12 l/s, treatment flow rate: 2 l/s
1. The stormwater runoff is fed into the basal section of the system. The angled inlet generates a radial flow pattern.
2. The hydrodynamic separator converts turbulent waters into a radial laminar flow pattern, generating particle sedimentation, particularly of the sand and silt fraction.
3. The sediment is retained in a silt trap chamber below the separator. The silt trap needs to be emptied out at site specific intervals.
4. The water has to pass an upflow filter device built of four cartridges.
Different filter media is available for any sites. In the filter element filtration, adsorption and precipitation takes place. The filter cartridges can be backwashed.
5. The filter elements can be exchanged by the shaft opening.
6. The treated water passes via an oil baffle and leaves the system by the outlet.
Showing all 4 results